Launching RTI Comprehension Instruction with Shared Reading: 40 Model Lessons for Intermediate Readers
Now you can easily deliver the shared reading comprehension lessons you need to launch RTI Tier 1 instruction—setting the stage for Tier 1 small-group instruction as well as Tier 2 and Tier 3 interventions.
Launching RTI Comprehension Instruction with Shared Reading provides intermediate-grade teachers with:
- -Flexible shared reading plans for 45-, 60-, and 90-minute instructional blocks and guidelines to implement Tier 2 and Tier 3 comprehension interventions;
- -Criteria to select comprehension objectives, choose texts, and create lessons that support students before, during, and after reading;
- -Strategies that move students toward independence in meeting comprehension objectives through explicit, systematic instruction that culminates in written response;
- -Assessment rubrics, checklists, and anchor sets to evaluate students’ literature responses;
- -Lessons and support materials for 40 different objectives organized into four thinking strands: forming a general understanding, developing an interpretation, making reader/text connections, and examining content and structure; and
- -Independent follow-up activities in oral language, fluency, vocabulary, comprehension, and writing that help students apply what they have learned in the shared lesson.
Tips for adapting instruction to English language learners and reflection questions at the end of each chapter round out this complete resource. The included CD provides modifiable electronic versions of planning and support documents, along with additional lesson materials not included in the book.