Common Core Mathematics, A Story of Units: Grade 3, Module 2: Place Value and Problem Solving with Units of Measure
Common Core Mathematics is the most comprehensive Common Core State Standards-based mathematics curriculum available today.
- The modules are sequenced and paced to support the teaching of mathematics as an unfolding story that follows the logic of mathematics itself.
- They embody the instructional “shifts” and the standards for mathematical practice that are fundamental to the CCSS.
- Each module contains a sequence of lessons that combine conceptual understanding, fluency, and application to meet the demands of each topic in the module.
- Formative assessments are included to support data-driven instruction.
- The modules are written by teams of master teachers and mathematicians.
With Common Core Mathematics, third graders learn about (1) developing understanding of multiplication and division and strategies for multiplication and division within 100; (2) developing understanding of fractions, especially unit fractions (fractions with numerator 1); (3) developing understanding of the structure of rectangular arrays and of area; and (4) describing and analyzing two-dimensional shapes.
Common Core Learning Standards Addressed in Grade 3, Module 2: 3.NBT.1, 3.NBT.2, 3.MD.1, 3.MD.2