Nolo’s IEP Guide: Learning Disabilities, Sixth Edition
Children with learning disabilities have different needs than other kids in special education — let Nolo’s IEP Guide: Learning Disabilities help you work with your child’s school to make sure those needs are met.
This one-of-a-kind book walks you through the Individual Education Program process, providing all the instructions, suggestions, resources, and forms you need to understand the special education system.
Step by step, you’ll learn how to:
– understand your child’s rights
– prepare to make your case
– untangle eligibility rules and evaluations
– develop effective IEP goals
– figure out the best programs, services and teaching strategies
– get ready for IEP meetings
– resolve disputes with the school district
– do legal research on learning-disability issues
This edition has been updated to reflect the latest laws, federal regulations, and court decisions that affect the IEP process, and includes fully up-to-date forms, sample letters, and resources to help you every step of the way. Plus, read an expanded section about “”appropriate”” education measures resulting from a recent U.S. Supreme Court case, and get new details on eligibility for special education services for your child.