The Distance Learning Playbook for School Leaders: Leading for Engagement and Impact in Any Setting
Effective school leadership is effective leadership, regardless of where it occurs
In March 2020, there was no manual for leading schools and school systems during a pandemic. School leaders had to figure things out as the crisis unfolded. But starting now, leaders have the opportunity to prepare for leading schools through distance learning with purpose and intent—using what works best to accelerate students’ learning all the while maintaining an indelible focus on equity.
Harnessing the insights and experience of renowned educators Douglas Fisher, Nancy Frey, and John Hattie, The Distance Learning Playbook for School Leaders applies the wisdom and evidence of the VISIBLE LEARNING® research to understand what works best. Spanning topics from school climate at a distance, leader credibility, care for self and colleagues, instructional leadership teams, stakeholder advisory groups, and virtual visibility, this comprehensive playbook details the research- and evidence-based strategies school leaders can mobilize to lead the delivery of high-impact learning in an online, virtual, and distributed environment.
This powerful guide includes:
- Actionable insights and hands-on steps for each module to help school leaders realize the evidence-based leadership practices that result in meaningful learning in a distance environment
- Discussion of equity challenges associated with distance learning, along with examples of how leaders can work to ensure that equity gains that have been realized are not lost.
- Analysis of the mindsets that empower leaders to manage change, rather than technology
- Space to write and reflect on current practices and plan future leadership strategies
- The mindframes for distance learning that serve leaders well in any instructional setting and will position schools after the pandemic to come back better than they were before
The Distance Learning Playbook for School Leaders is the essential hands-on guide to leading school and school systems from a distance and delivering on the promise of equitable, quality learning experiences for students.
You may also like…
The Distance Learning Playbook for Parents: How to Support Your Child’s Academic, Social, and Emotional Learning in Any Setting
The Distance Learning Playbook, Grades K-12: Teaching for Engagement and Impact in Any Setting
The Distance Learning Playbook for College and University Instruction: Teaching for Engagement and Impact in Any Setting