Every Child a Super Reader: 7 Strengths to Open a World of Possible
Literacy experts Pam Allyn and Ernest Morrell maintain that when we build on children’s key strengths and immerse them in an intellectually invigorating, emotionally nurturing, literature-rich community, we grow “super readers”—avid readers who consume texts with passion, understanding, and a critical eye. Organized around the 7 Strengths inherent in super readers (belonging, curiosity, friendship, kindness, confidence, courage, and hope), this powerful resource helps children:
- • Develop reading, writing, speaking, and listening skills
- • Learn comprehension strategies
- • Build a robust vocabulary
- • Deepen analytical prowess and an ability to talk and write about text
- • Develop empathy, a strong identity as a reader, and an expanded understanding of the world
Featuring stirring reading and writing lessons, robust assessment tools, ready-to-share Family Guides, and embedded videos that illuminate the 7 strengths and more, Every Child a Super Reader shows teachers, parents, caregivers, and out-of-school providers why reading is the ultimate super power, opening a world of possible for every student.