The Literacy Coaching Handbook: Working with Teachers to Increase Student Achievement
Learn how to become a more effective literacy coach to ensure lasting changes in teaching and learning at your school. Literacy experts Diana and Betsy Sisson offer clear, research-based strategies that encourage professional development and growth. You’ll discover how to…
- -Understand the various roles that a literacy coach plays, from “change agent” to “data analyst”;
- -Determine which coaching model to use with your teachers;
- -Support your classroom colleagues and raise student achievement;
- -Tackle the literacy concerns present in today’s schools, and any resistance from classroom teachers who don’t want to be coached;
- -Design a plan to promote growth centered on assessment and collaboration;
- -and Manage the multi-faceted responsibilities of literacy coaching with practical strategies.
Each chapter contains special features such as Coaching Moves and Coaching Questions to help you apply the information to your own situation. In addition, an Appendix offers photocopiable PD tools and study guide questions so you can discuss the ideas with others. With this practical book, you’ll have all the guidance you need to overcome challenges and thrive in your coaching role.