The Ultimate Read-Aloud Resource: Making Every Moment Intentional and Instructional With “Best Friend Books”
In this book, award-winning children’s author and acclaimed educator Lester L. Laminack provides guidelines, lessons, and resources for making every read-aloud experience intentional and instructional. Central to Laminack’s message is his breakthrough thinking about the value and importance of “Best Friend Books” – a small, carefully curated collection that you turn to repeatedly for specific teaching purposes.
You’ll also find:
– Step by step lessons for “first visits” and “return visits” with recommended Best Friend Books—clear guidelines for digging deeply into the books and enriching students’ understanding of content and craft.
– Links to an online resource bank that contains “Spotlight on Lester” videos and graphic organizers for you and downloadables for your students.
– “What the Research Says” boxes that point to studies supporting Laminack’s professional advice.
– A list of Laminack’s favorite Best Friend Books to date, annotated and alphabetically organized.
– “Home Visit” boxes that contain tips and tools for welcoming families into the work.