The Mathematics Lesson-Planning Handbook, Grades 3-5: Your Blueprint for Building Cohesive Lessons
YOU are the architect in the mathematics classroom.
When it comes to mathematics lessons, do you sometimes feel overly beholden to the required texts from which you teach? Do you wish you could break the mold, but feel like you get conflicting guidance on the “right” things to do? How often do you find yourself in the last-minute online scramble for a great task activity that will capture your students’ interest and align to your state standards?
In The Mathematics Lesson-Planning Handbook, Grades 3–5: Your Blueprint for Building Cohesive Lessons, you’ll learn the streamlined decision-making processes that will help you plan the focused, research-based, standards-aligned lessons your students need. This daily reference offers practical guidance for when and how to pull together mathematics routines, resources, and effective teaching techniques into a coherent and manageable set of lesson plans. This resource will
- -Lead teachers through a process of lesson planning based on various learning objectives
- -Set the stage for lesson planning using relatable vignettes
- -Offer sample lesson plans for Grades 3–5
- -Create opportunities to reflect on each component of a mathematics lesson
- -Suggest next steps for building a unit from the lessons
- -Provide teachers the space and tools to create their own lesson plans going forward
Based on years of classroom experience from seasoned mathematics educators, this book brings together the just-in-time resources and practical advice you need to make lesson planning simple, practical, and doable. From laying a solid foundation to choosing the right materials, you’ll feel confident structuring lessons that lead to high student achievement.