Inquire Within: Implementing Inquiry- and Argument-Based Science Standards in Grades 3-8, Third Edition
Your definitive guide to inquiry- and argument-based science—updated for today’s standards!
Like most teachers, are you struggling to make sense of the many recent shifts in science education, especially the NGSS? Luckily Doug Lllewellyn is here to guide you every step along the way. His two big aims with this new edition of Inquire Within? To help you engage students in activities and explorations that draw on their big questions, then build students’ capacity to defend their claims.
Always striking a balance between the “why” and the “how,” this third edition models what the new reform efforts looks like in day-to-day practice. New features include how to
- Teach argumentation, a key standards requirement and 21st century career skill
- Adapt existing science curricula for inquiry-based learning to meet today’s standards
- Effectively differentiate scientific instruction for multiple intelligences to drive student achievement
- Improve students’ language arts, analytic, and communication skills through inquiry-based instruction
- Utilize the many inquiry-based lesson plans
- Develop your own inquiry-based mindset and grow professionally
You’ll quickly discover for yourself that this third edition of Inquire Within stands on its own as your single-best resource for keeping pace with science reform in the classroom.