Executive Skills in Children and Adolescents, Third Edition: A Practical Guide to Assessment and Intervention
Many tens of thousands of school practitioners and teachers (K–12) have benefited from the step-by-step guidelines and practical tools in this influential go-to resource, now revised and expanded with six new chapters. The third edition presents effective ways to assess students’ strengths and weaknesses, create supportive instructional environments, and promote specific skills, such as organization, time management, sustained attention, and emotional control. Strategies for individualized and classwide intervention are illustrated with vivid examples and sample scripts.
In a large-size format with lay-flat binding for easy photocopying, the book includes 35 reproducible forms and handouts. Purchasers get access to a Web page where they can download and print the reproducible materials.
New to This Edition:
- -Chapter with guidance and caveats for developing Individual Education Programs (IEPs), 504 Plans, and multitiered systems of support (MTSS).
- -Chapters on working with students with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) and autism spectrum disorder.
- -Three guest-authored chapters describing exemplary schoolwide applications.
- -More student centered—provides a template for involving children in intervention decision making.
- -Fully updated with the latest developments in the field.
Available in 2018. Preorder now!