How to Grade for Learning: Linking Grades to Standards, Fourth Edition
Implement standards-based grading practices that help students succeed!
Classroom assessment and grading should help students grow and develop to their full potential, but meshing traditional grading practices with students’ achievement on standards has been difficult and daunting. Making real and lasting changes to grading practices requires both knowledge and willpower.
This 4th edition of the best-selling How to Grade for Learning provides eight guidelines for good grading, offers recommendations for practical applications, and gives solid suggestions for implementing more effective grading practices. Ken O’Connor presents the latest research on motivation, mindset, learning styles, and beliefs about fairness to inform this new edition, which includes:
- Both the why’s and the how-to’s of implementing standards-based grading practices
- 48 educator contributions from nationally and internationally known educators, authors, and consultants that provide ideas and testimonials for effective assessment practices
- Sections on hot-button issues such as academic dishonesty, extra credit, bonus points and homework
- Additional information on utilizing levels of proficiency and eliminating the use of percentages and averaging
- Reflective exercises and numerous tools, including rubrics, sample letters, and case studies
- Techniques for managing grading more efficiently
An invaluable resource for helping teachers assign grades that are accurate, consistent, meaningful, and supportive of learning, this book also makes an ideal staff development resource.
You may also like…
Grading for Equity: What It Is, Why It Matters, and How It Can Transform Schools and Classrooms$34.95
Grading From the Inside Out: Bringing Accuracy to Student Assessment Through a Standards-Based Mindset$34.95
Redefining Fair: How to Plan, Assess, and Grade for Excellence in Mixed-Ability Classrooms$34.95
On Your Mark: Challenging the Conventions of Grading and Reporting$24.95