Learning by Doing: A Handbook for Professional Learning Communities at Work, 3rd Edition
Learning by Doing
Discover how to close the knowing-doing gap and transform your school or district into a high-performing PLC. The powerful third edition of this comprehensive action guide updates and expands on new and significant PLC topics. Explore fresh strategies, tools, and tips for hiring and retaining new staff, creating team-developed common formative assessments, implementing systematic interventions, and more.
See the companion resource, Concise Answers to Frequently Asked Questions About Professional Learning Communities at Work™.
- -Build a shared knowledge of critical vocabulary and the concepts underlying key PLC terms.
- -Equip yourself with the knowledge and tools necessary to model effective reciprocal accountability.
- -Make honest assessments of your school by examining conventional practices from a fresh, critical perspective.
- -Take immediate and specific steps to close the knowing-doing gap.
- -Move beyond planning, and start doing.
Enhance your book study with instructional videos aligned to each of the book’s chapters