Mentoring in Action: Guiding, Sharing, and Reflecting With Novice Teachers
The support you need for mindful mentoring and sustainable teacher success!
Novice teachers bring vitality and optimism to schools. Our role as mentors is to empower novice teachers to grow in their practice and emerge as the leaders of the future. Newly revised and updated, the 2nd edition of Mentoring in Action emphasizes a unique approach: mindful mentoring that aligns your conversations to teaching standards to prepare novice teachers for their teacher evaluation.
In this book you’ll learn the importance of teacher leadership and how mentoring can influence teacher effectiveness. This flexible twelve-month curriculum helps you:
- Plan mentoring conversations and observations
- Differentiate support to meet the varied needs of novice teachers
- Set goals to prevent teacher burnout by sharing social and emotional learning skills
- Gather regular student feedback from student work samples and surveys
- Integrate the updated INTASC Standards into mentoring conversations
This updated edition includes QR codes and a robust companion website featuring videos, downloadable forms, and a Mentor Planning Guide and Journal for reflection. Transform your mentoring experience by confidently mentoring your novice teachers with this comprehensive guide!