Transforming School Culture: How to Overcome Staff Division, 2nd Edition
Transforming School Culture provides a school improvement plan for leaders to overcome staff division, improve relationships, and transform toxic cultures into healthy ones.
Dr. Anthony Muhammad contends that in order to transform school culture, we must understand why teachers continue to hold on to models or beliefs contrary to those put forth by their school or district. He explores the human behavior, social conditions, and history that cause the underlying conflict among the four different types of teachers in a school. The second edition of this best-selling resource delivers powerful new insight into the four types of educators, Believers, Fundamentalists, Tweeners, and Survivors and how to work with each group to create positive school culture. The book also includes Dr. Anthony Muhammad’s latest research as well as a new chapter dedicated to answering frequently asked questions on school leadership, culture, and more.
How this new edition can help you create a positive school culture:
- -Study the author’s research and observations of 34 schools 11 elementary schools, 14 middle schools, and 9 high schools and how each school’s staff supported or hindered student achievement.
- -Consider the characteristics of positive school cultures and how your school’s culture and climate may differ.
- -Learn how ESSA, CCSS, and NCLB impact teachers and school culture.
- -Understand why teachers must work together to improve student performance.
- -Obtain tips for creating a healthy culture and producing synergy in schools.