The Common Core Mathematics Companion: The Standards Decoded, High School: What They Say, What They Mean, How to Teach Them
Your User’s Guide to the Mathematics Standards
When it comes to mathematics, standards aligned is achievement aligned…
In the short time since The Common Core Mathematics Companions for grades K–2, 3–5 and 6–8 burst on the scene, they have been lauded as the best resources for making critical mathematics ideas easy to teach. With this brand-new volume, high school mathematics success is at your fingertips.
Page by page, the authors lay out the pieces of an in-depth explanation, including
- -The mathematical progression of each conceptual category, starting with modeling as a unifying theme, and moving through number & quantity, algebra, functions, geometry, and statistics and probability, building from the 8th grade standards
- -The mathematics embedded in each conceptual category for a deeper understanding of the content
- -How standards connect within and across domains, and to previous grade standards, so teachers can better appreciate how they relate
- -How standards connect with the standards for mathematical practice, with a focus on modeling as a unifying theme
- -Example tasks, progressions of tasks, and descriptions of what teachers and students should be doing to foster deep learning
The Common Core Mathematics Companion: The Standards Decoded, High School has what every high school teacher needs to provide students with the foundation for the concepts and skills they will be expected to know .