What Successful Math Teachers Do, Grades 6-12: 80 Research-Based Strategies for the Common Core-Aligned Classroom
What works in math and why has never been the issue; the research is all out there. Where teachers struggle is the “how”—something the research rarely manages to tackle. That’s the big service What Successful Math Teachers Do provides. It’s a powerful portal to what the best research looks like in practice, strategy by strategy—aligned in this new edition to both the Common Core and the NCTM Standards.
How exactly does What Successful Math Teachers Do work? It couldn’t be easier to navigate. The book’s eleven chapters organize clusters of strategies around a single aspect of a typical instructional program. For each of the 80 strategies, the authors present:
• A brief description of that strategy
• A summary of supporting research
• The NCTM and Common Core Standards it meets–and how
• Classroom applications, with examples
• Precautions and possible pitfalls
• Primary sources for further reading and research
Whether you’re a newly minted math teacher or veteran looking to fine-tune your teaching, What Successful Math Teachers Do is your best resource for successful standards-based instruction.