What Is It About Me You Can’t Teach?: Culturally Responsive Instruction in Deeper Learning Classrooms
Build every student’s ability and opportunity to achieve!
We’ve all heard the stories of extraordinary teachers that reach struggling students and set them on a new path. Now in its third edition, this powerful book features timely new content from innovative schools and teachers, showing how to raise student achievement by upholding high expectations, while teaching with cultural responsiveness. The authors are guided by one fundamental principle: Every child has a birthright to an equitable education, one that prepares him or her for 21st century career and college readiness. This guide illuminates how to:
- Lead all students to deeper learning, grounded in critical thinking, creative problem solving, communication, collaboration—and the “5th C,” cultural awareness
- Support the latest standards for college and career readiness and English Language Proficiency/Development
- Incorporate technology into teaching and learning in innovative ways, adaptable to varying resource levels.
- Use today’s current brain research to help students’ reach their full cognitive potential
- Implement lesson plans designed for elementary, middle, and secondary levels that support individualized, project-based learning, developed through a lens of cultural responsiveness
Turn to the resource that has helped thousands of educators teach successfully in today’s diverse K-12 classrooms, and discover new strategies that will empower you and your students.