Figuring Out Fluency – Multiplication and Division With Whole Numbers: A Classroom Companion
Because fluency practice is not a worksheet.
Fluency in mathematics is more than adeptly using basic facts or implementing algorithms. It is not about speed or recall. Real fluency is about choosing strategies that are efficient, flexible, lead to accurate solutions, and are appropriate for the given situation. Developing fluency is also a matter of equity and access for all learners.
The landmark book Figuring Out Fluency in Mathematics Teaching and Learning offered educators the inspiration to develop a deeper understanding of procedural fluency, along with a plethora of pragmatic tools for shifting classrooms toward a fluency approach. Now, teachers have the chance to apply that inspiration through explicit instruction and practice every day with the classroom companion Figuring Out Fluency: Multiplication and Division with Whole Numbers. With this book, teachers can:
• Dive deeper into the Significant Strategies for fluency explained in the anchor book
• Learn how these strategies grow from and relate to the basic fact strategies children learn
• Access over 100 strategy-aligned and classroom-ready activities for fluency instruction and practice in multiplying and dividing multi-digit whole numbers, including worked examples, routines, games, and centers
• Find activities for assessing all components of multiplication and division fluency plus support for engaging families
• Download all of the needed support tools, game boards, and other resources from the companion website for immediate implementation.
Give each and every student the knowledge and power to become skilled and confident mathematical thinkers and doers.
You may also like…
Building Thinking Classrooms in Mathematics, Grades K-12: 14 Teaching Practices for Enhancing Learning$39.95
Daily Routines to Jump-Start Math Class, Elementary School: Engage Students, Improve Number Sense, and Practice Reasoning$35.95
Making Math Stick: Classroom strategies that support the long-term understanding of math concepts$28.95
Day-by-Day Math Thinking Routines in First Grade: 40 Weeks of Quick Prompts and Activities$29.95