Balance With Blended Learning: Partner With Your Students to Reimagine Learning and Reclaim Your Life
Rethink the roles, responsibilities, and workflow in your blended learning classroom and enjoy balance in your life.
Blended learning offers educators the opportunity to reimagine teaching and learning. It allows teachers to partner with their students to assess, track, and reflect on learning. This partnership gives teachers more time and energy to innovate and personalize learning while providing students the opportunity to be active agents driving their own growth.
If one thing is certain after the 2019-2020 school year, blended learning is here to stay. Learning must be a shared endeavor between the teacher and the learner. This book provides teachers with strategies to rethink traditional workflows to make teaching practices sustainable.
Written by blended learning expert, Catlin Tucker, this resource provides teachers with concrete strategies and resources they can use to partner with their students to actively engage them in setting goals, monitoring their development, reflecting on their growth, using feedback to improve work, assessing the quality of their work, and communicating their progress with parents.
Balance With Blended Learning includes
- Practical strategies for teachers overwhelmed by their workloads
- Routines and protocols designed to move feedback and assessment into the classroom to eliminate much of the work teachers take home
- Ready-to-use templates and resources designed to help students take an active role in tracking, monitoring, and reflecting on their progress
- Vignettes written by teachers across disciplines
- Stories from the author’s extensive experience both as a teacher and blended -learning coach
- Redefining roles in a blended learning classroom encourages students to take ownership over their learning journeys and helps teachers feel more effective, efficient, and energized.