Coaching Students with Executive Skills Challenges, Second Edition
With 55% new material, the significantly revised second edition of this influential resource presents a refined coaching model and an expanded set of tools for helping K–12 students live up to their potential in school and beyond.
The book describes how to provide evidence-based, individualized instruction and support for kids and teens with executive skills challenges. Guidelines are provided for partnering with students and improving their performance in such areas as time and task management, planning, organization, and impulse control.
Adaptations for coaching students with disabilities are discussed. In a convenient large-size format, the book features over two dozen reproducible forms and handouts; coaches can download and print additional copies as needed.
New to This Edition
- Two new chapters on coaching 5- to 8-year-olds (K–3), and more material on younger students throughout.
- Shows how to enhance coaching by incorporating motivational interviewing and cognitive rehearsal strategies.
- Chapter of case examples, plus chapters on self-assessment for coaches and the building blocks of executive skills coaching.
- Expanded content on goal setting, action planning, and progress monitoring.
- Updated research and revised reproducible tools.
You may also like…
Moves for Launching a New Year of Student-Centered Coaching$24.95
The Executive Function Guidebook: Strategies to Help All Students Achieve Success$34.95
The Smart but Scattered Guide to Success: How to Use Your Brain’s Executive Skills to Keep Up, Stay Calm, and Get Organized at Work and at Home$16.95
Executive Skills in Children and Adolescents, Third Edition: A Practical Guide to Assessment and Intervention$42.00